Friday, October 15, 2010

What are you putting your attention on?

This morning I did my morning meditation.  In fact, I am doing the 21 Meditation Challenge from The Chopra Center.  It's really awesome because they explain different meditation and help you to make this a great practice that you can do everyday. It takes 21 days to create a new habit!

During the mediation today they were taking about attention.  Attention is what you are putting your focus on now, where you direct your energy.  So this morning, I put my attention on "Attention" and it was amazing how much I have really noticed.

I took my son to the park this morning and when I walked out the door, I was so blown away and in awe of how awesome the colors were.  Vibrant oranges, dark green and light green of the trees.  The sky was a calming blue with absolutely NO cloud in the sky.  I felt as if I had stepped into a masterpiece.  It was awesome!

(This is a tree across from my house)
 
As I put my attention on the beauty and appreciation for what I was seeing, I noticed that everything that came my way today was something that I found to appreciate and find the beauty in.  Once you put your attention on something, it will find a way to show up even more in your life.

I want to ask you, what are you putting your attention on?  Is it something that is holding you back from really living your life that you should be living?  Are you paying attention to how nothing ever works for you?  How everything seems to be hard or how you never have enough money?

By putting your attention on something that doesn't feel good, you will find more and more things that aren't going to make you feel good.  What you need to do it change what you are giving your attention to.   Start to look for the beauty in things.  Appreciate what you shows up for you.

When you can make that shift, which may take some time, and please be gentle with yourself, but once you make that shift, you will be amazed at how you can start to attract more of what you want out of life.

Please feel free to share your comments below.  I would love to hear how this article helped you!!

2 comments:

Edith Hewett said...

Hi Stacy! I just LOVE reading over and over that what we put our attention on increases. It makes so much sense to put my attention of something so WONDERFUL, like the BEAUTIFUL colors of the fall trees and have the WONDERFUL memory of my mother come up for me. That made me FEEL AWESOME and TRULY BLESSED for having such a WONDERFUL mother. THANK YOU for inviting me to SHARE. I LOVE this post! LOVE to you! BLESSINGS!

Stacy Stehle said...

Hi Edith! I really appreciate your comment and of course your energy! =) Thanks so much for sharing! Love to you!