Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you have an accountability partner for your business?


An accountability partner is exactly how it sounds, a partner to hold you accountable.  They are ideal to have if you are starting a business, feeling stuck or you want to take your business to the next level.

Sometimes we just need that extra push to move us forward.  I know I do.  Especially when it comes to working from home.  I can get caught up with housework, my son, dishes (not that I want too!) but other things seem to take over, and business can sometimes get pushed to the side.

About a month ago, I was approached by a good friend.  She asked me if I would like to be an accountability partner to her.  I have to back up a bit, that day....to be exact, a friend on Facebook was talking about how she has an accountability partner and it really was helping her.  I thought to myself, what a great idea.  I would love to have one!

So, I asked, felt very good about it and the Universe delivered, in the way of my friend.  When she asked me, I of course said, "YES!"

We talk Monday, Wednesday & Friday in the morning so that we can set our days up for success by sharing goals and progress.  We have been doing this for a month now and it really has been working wonderfully.

What I love about having my partner is that when I feel stuck on something, we can talk it out.  I may have been only looking at the situation one way and she has been able to help me by giving me some different view points.

The other thing that has really worked so well is that we know that we are going to be talking to each other so we KNOW that we need to do something!  Our mind is on business but we are having a lot of fun with this and things don't seem so "hard" anymore.
 
I highly suggest and recommend getting yourself an accountability partner to help you grow and build your successful business!


*I would love to hear from you by leaving a comment below!  Let me know your accountability is helping you or not helping you! 



4 comments:

Dawn said...

Love this idea Stacy!

Stacy Stehle said...

Thanks Dawn! =)

Imee Pan-git said...

Ive heard about accountability partners before but it didn't actually seem appealing to me but now. This is something that I desperately need. Someone who would push me to work hard esp when I'm procastinating. I have been constantly looking for ways on how to stop procastination hope this one will work. Thanks

Stacy Stehle said...

Thanks for the comment Imee! I hope this is working for you! =)

Stacy